On New Year's Day, Rachel, Ryan and Gavin showed up just in time for our big meal at lunchtime (and just before Josh got home from work!). The plan was to eat lunch, put the kids (and Josh?) down for naps, and then open presents before the Rose Bowl. Naps didn't go exactly as planned, but we were done with presents before OSU football started - which was a requirement for the guys : )
Jon and Hannah try out one of Gavin's presents
Josh with his Christmas Peeps
Danila models her new jersey
We actually don't have pictures of any of the other adults with their presents - I guess the kids are just a lot more fun to take pictures of when they open gifts! But, rest assured, we all got some very nice things and enjoyed each other's company.
The big present of the day was Hannah's Cozy Coupe from Grandma & Grandpa Woolley.
Did you know that more Little Tikes Cozy Coupes are sold in the USA than any other vehicle? They sell 20,000 MORE COZY COUPES than the Toyota Camry each year. This amazes me for one reason -- I PUT THE THING TOGETHER!!! Dania and I went to get the box out of the basement and figured we could spend some of nap time putting it together so Hannah could ride in it right away. Little did we know that we'd spend ALL of nap time putting the thing together -- 31 separate instruction steps and an on-line video. We thought the video wouldn't be necessary, as we're two pretty smart ladies who can follow instructions -- WE WERE WRONG. Danila told me about mid-way through the assembly that if I ever got one of these for her children in the future that she's take it as a sign that I hate her. Of course, Sally didn't realize how hard it would be to put together when she purchased it -- and neither did I when I put it on Hannah's list....I just knew she liked them when other kids had them.
(no child except mine gets into the car every possible way, EXCEPT through the door that actually opens)

We put Hannah in her OSU cheerleader outfit for the Rose Bowl and she actually did take some turns with Gavin playing in the car. Gavin liked her car too : )
We really enjoyed our New Year's celebration with our extended family. We hope you all have a Happy New Year and many blessings in 2010!!! We're already blessed beyond belief, and excited to see what 2010 has in store for our family.
No comments:
Post a Comment