Saturday, January 2, 2010

Pittsburgh Children's Museum - Part 1

Before we headed home from our New Year's in Pittsburgh Danila took Rachel, Gavin, Hannah and I to the Children's Museum of Pittsburgh. It was FANTASTIC!!!! I wish we lived closer, but at least we know we have a fun place to visit when we're in Pittsburgh. It is one of those places that is great for little kids as well as slightly older kids. I was amazed that there was so much for Hannah to do -- we went in the morning and Hannah was so excited to be there from the minute we walked through the door - we had to tear her away to go home for lunch and her nap.


We had such a good time that I had to break our visit up into two separate posts. This post is just pictures of Gavin....who had a great time playing in the water....so much that his clothes got totally soaked and he spent 1/2 of our time at the museum in just his onesie! Gavin played in the "nursery" area where they had a padded floor with crawling obstacles and a plastic horse to ride. He also enjoyed some of the tactile exhibits where he got to touch things. But, he spent the bulk of his day playing in the water. He also got to sit in a car and "drive" and go on a slide with his mom, but I'm not sure if he enjoyed anything as much as his time in the water area.
Stay tuned for pictures of Hannah's day.
Cheese!Splish, Splash!
Gavin & Rachel on the slide

No comments: