Saturday, January 16, 2010

"Working"

Hannah is "working"....a reminder of how much kids pick up just by observation. She loves to type on my work BlackBerry.

One of my New Year's resolutions was to not be on the computer on days that I work from whenever I get home until after she goes to bed - if I am only home for 2 hours before she goes to bed on the 4 days a week that I work, I certainly don't need to spend them on a laptop. So far so good.

I'll admit that Fridays are a different story because although I don't have to go downtown to work and I'm technically "off," clients still have needs and sometimes I have to tend to them. I do try to keep BlackBerry checking to a minimum and at set times and then work only during naptime, but sometimes life isn't always that neat and easy. The last big deal I did, I had the laptop set up at the kitchen counter and I was on and off of conference calls all day on a Friday (oh and not to mention on the BlackBerry at the Rec Center's indoor pool with a friend watching both of our kids while I tried to find an email from a banker that someone at work needed "immediately")....but that's life. And I'll take a crazy Friday every now and then to have that extra day at home with my kiddo!

No comments: