Friday, August 6, 2010

Meeting Peyton!!

I finally got to meet my first niece, Peyton, at my parents' house this weekend. I was really afraid that Karen & Brian wouldn't make the long trip from DC to WV and it would be next year before I got to meet this little girl (other than via Skype)...but I was so extremely happy that they made the effort and came. 7 weeks old
Peyton Lane
(seconds before pooping through her white pants while I was holding her!) Uncle Jon meets Peyton - she is mesmerized by him
She seems so little in his arms!
Aunt Julie with Peyton
How in the world was my baby 4 months old before she was this big?!? Peyton seems so tiny!
Hannah LOVES Peyton!
Hannah calls her "paint". Hannah wanted to be around the baby every chance she got and really enjoyed entertaining Peyton in the bouncer. I hope she's that excited with her own sister!
Peyton with Grandma Folger
Uncle Daniel with Peyton - he'd already met her on a trip to DC, but he LOVES being an uncle and is always willing to hold one of his nieces or his nephew...but he doesn't change diapers unless there is no parent in the vicinity!

I'm definitely glad I didn't have to wait until next year to meet Peyton, but it is hard to have my sister and her family living so far away. On average, we can only plan on seeing them 3 times a year....which isn't nearly enough when there are little kids in the picture!

1 comment:

Jeff and Betsy said...

So fun to see your belly! Yeah!!!