I may be a glutton for punishment, but I scheduled a cookie-making morning with three toddlers.....am I nuts? Yes, probably, but let me just say that the kids had fun!!! I made fudge the night before and then planned to do butter cookies, peanut butter blossoms, and gooey cookie wreaths with the kids. My kitchen was trashed, most of the adults have refused to eat the butter cookies because they saw how they were made, and there are sprinkles everywhere, but we had lots of laughter and squeals of delight! It was a great morning.
Hannah and Jake were all about helping with the peanut butter blossoms. Jake did a good job of COVERING the balls in sugar. Hannah, on the other hand, just stacked the balls in the bowl of sugar and didn't quite get the hang of rolling them in sugar. They also both got to enjoy picking cookie cutters for the butter cookies. Gavin also made a few cookies, but for the most part spent his time running around playing.
Hannah and Jake loved adding the ingredients to the mixer and they did a good job of taking turns with the speed setting and on/off switch.
LAUGHING!!!
Jake also really enjoyed stealing the batter - both while in the mixer and once the peanut butter blossom balls were rolled in sugar. In fact, I was about 1/2 dozen short on cookies with all of the "help" I had making them!
Caught again!
Jake gets a head start on making the butter cookies!
Thankfully, Danila was around to help roll out the dough and oversee the cookie-cutting -- it was definitely helpful to have a 1:1 adult to kid ratio in the process. In fact, at one point I think we were at a 2:1 adult to kid ratio, and I can't say that we had too many adults!
| Like I said, we used a lot of sprinkles. |
| The collapsed gingerbread house.... |
No comments:
Post a Comment