I hadn't seen the girls since Easter, so I convinced Jon to meet me in Zanesville, Ohio yesterday so I could take Hannah to our house for a few days, since we're going up on Friday for the weekend. Here's a message I sent Julie about our time yesterday after we picked her up at lunchtime:
J,
First, I took no pictures from yesterday - Bad grandma. I hope to remedy that today. At McDonald's Hannah jumped into my arms and gave me the BEST hug. Then she just started chatting about how you had packed everything & on and on.
We did stop at the waterpark in Marietta. We only stayed about an hour, but we had a great time. At first Hannah only wanted to climb up the steps into the ship. The second time she went down both slides. Then, she was trying to figure out how to climb up to the Pirate who was about 20 feet up in a crow's nest. She kept saying, "...but why can't I climb up to see him?"
We stopped at a roadside market and got free samples of cantaloupe and watermelon. She had 2 pieces of watermelon and would've probably had more. We bought some watermelon and cantaloupe to bring home with us.
When we got home, she started playing with the cats as soon as she got out of the car. She even petted Bear. She then played with toys while I got her something to eat. We then headed to VBS. I talked to her about staying with Patsy and listening to her teacher. I explained that she would see me during the story, but that she would have to stay with Patsy. The people told me she was great. We did Pandamania and she said that's what you did last week. What parts did Jon play? I was a fireman last night and she said that's what her Dad did.
[Julie told me that their church's VBS was not Pandamania and Jon wasn't a fireman...]
She immediately climbed in your Dad's chair on the back porch and started rocking after VBS. Burl came out and made a big deal about her being in his chair and she just laughed. We had a snack and got ready for bed. She was tired. She sat on my lap to eat her snack. When she was sitting on the potty before bed, she gave me a big hug and said, "Thank you for letting me come to your house." - talk about the way to a Grandma's heart!!!!
We plugged in her nightlite, said our prayers, and she was probably asleep before I got to the bottom of the stairs. (That was at 9:15.) It is now 7:10 and I haven't heard a peep out of her.
You were so right about her new favorite word - WHY.
I hope you have a great day.
Love ya bunches, XXXOOO
No comments:
Post a Comment