Thursday, June 30, 2011

Hannah Update #3

Wow. I can't believe we have to take Hannah home tomorrow morning. We've had 2 1/2 action-packed days. Here is my last update email to Julie and some pictures of our camping adventure.

J,
I forgot to tell you the best one yesterday. Hannah was outside with us as we were putting up the tent. She was sitting on the stairs by your Dad's shop. (We put the tent beside the swing set.) She said she had to pee. So, I pulled her pants off and told her to pee in the grass. She starts crying and sobbing, so I carry this partially naked child to the house and tell her to go sit on the potty. (You have to understand that this was the most crucial time of tent building and I really needed to be there with your Dad. She could not have picked a worse time to have to pee.) I came in and she was sitting in a chair waiting for me. The funny part is that Liam LOVED to pee in the grass. I think he drank more just so he could pee more. I told Hannah that it was OK to pee in the grass on the farm. She wasn't buying any of that.

Hannah didn't want any part of sleeping in grandma's tent. She had to sleep in HER tent. Your Dad had put the blowup mattress in the tent for me and Hannah's little blowup bed out there for her. Since she could not sleep w/o sleeping in her tent, we put her tent on top of my mattress and then she got in her tent. I slept on her little bed. At 3a.m. I got up to pee. Then I could not go back to sleep. At 4:20 the whip-o-will started up. At 4:30 two noisy cars went down the road. At 5:10 Hannah says, "Grandma, I think I hear Bear and the cats." I told her that I didn't hear them. I think she woke up b/c it was then light outside. I told her I was going to make my coffee and asked her if she wanted to go in with me or stay in the tent. She said, "I don't care." So, she is still in the tent (6:30am) and must have gone back to sleep. I have been going to the door about every 5 minutes to listen for her.

Have a great day.
Love ya bunches, XXX OOO


Hannah was excited to go camping
Sleeping arrangements....Our Hannah!

Our animal lover petting the cats and Bear (the dog)Making pepperoni rolls for Daddy before heading home

No comments: