Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Can't wait!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  This year is the year we would normally spend with my side of the family in the "holiday rotation," but with Lauren's recent arrival we decided not to travel to WV this year.  Although I'm bummed to not get to introduce Lauren to my sister and see our niece and nephew who live in DC, it is nice to not have to worry about traveling with a newborn who eats constantly!  In fact, our decision to not travel was affirmed last night when Lauren ate every hour for about 5 hours in the middle of the night.

Instead of cooking for just our family of three, we ordered the Bob Evans Thanksgiving -- what a deal -- tons of food, and it was really good!!!  I was working on getting everything heated up once I had the table set and had only set out the pumpkin bread and cranberries when Hannah climbed into her seat and told me she was ready to eat.  She ate her pumpkin bread and then moved to every other seat asking for mine and Jon's (and was disappointed when I told her she couldn't have ours).  She actually asked to try the cranberries....  And, yes, I did set the table with china for our small family -- I'm sure Jon would have been fine with paper plates (and preferred them, actually), but I wanted to have a "real" Thanksgiving.  I even let Hannah use her china place setting from Tiffany's that a client sent when she was born.  Although we didn't spend a long time at the table together (compared to when more family is around), we sat and talked with Hannah for 30 minutes -- probably the limit for an almost 3-year old.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.  We're certainly thankful for our expanding family and newest arrival!

No comments: