Tonight while Jon was at a youth group event, Hannah and I put together her shoebox for Operation Christmas Child. Jon had taken her shopping yesterday to buy her gifts and had asked her if she wanted to shop for a boy or a girl. Hannah decided that she wanted to shop for a boy, so she bought "her boy" socks, cars, crayons, stickers, and some other items. Apparently she was very opinionated in what was purchased. She was also really excited to pack and wrap her shoebox, which was so much fun for me -- we made it a Mommy & Hannah activity after Lauren went to bed. Hannah was so proud to carry it in to church and put it with the other boxes and told me how "her boy" was going to "like his presents". I love that we're able to teach her how to give to others through this process -- especially since I know at her age "getting" is so much fun -- we're really working on getting her to enjoy the "giving" process.
No comments:
Post a Comment