Fun times have hit the Woolley household....after 2 weeks of coughing, I finally went to the doctor. Since Memorial Weekend I've been coughing and thought I had allergies; I'm prone to sinus infections (since moving to Ohio and developing a nasty ragweed allergy) and thought I had some remnants that my Claritin D didn't "kick." Instead, the doctor told me that I have bronchitis -- and a bad case of it. I was sent home on antibiotics and told if I wasn't better by Thursday to come back.
In the meantime, since I have a premature baby at home, the doctor told me I have to wear a mask when I'm around Hannah. He said I'm not very contagious and it's "hard to spread," but we should be "better safe than sorry" when dealing with her underdeveloped lungs.
I attempted to go to work Monday after my doctor's appointment but only lasted 4 hours. I was hacking up a lung and everyone that walked by my office told me to leave....So I'm at home recuperating.

When Hannah first saw me with the mask she
cocked her head to the side with a "what's that" type of look.
Now she either ignores it or tries to pull it off.

Epilogue: On Thursday I went back to the doctor -- after not working all week I was still coughing almost non-stop and not sleeping much. Plus, my side hurt from all of the coughing and every now and then I'd cough so much I had trouble breathing. He had me do a breathing test and put me on Tylenol with codeine for the side pain/cough, and gave me an inhaler to help with the "post-infection inflammation" that had developed in my lungs. I now have until Monday to get better or I go back.
Epilogue Part 2: I'm cured! Saturday was the best day I've had in more than a week, I hardly coughed at all. I scrapbooked most of the day with some women from church and Jon and I went to the Clippers game (Columbus's minor league team) for a firm party while his parents stayed with Hannah in the evening. I'm back at work as of Monday.
1 comment:
I can really relate to you on the sinus thing Julie.And the coughing. I can down with a terrible sinus infection over the weekend that I hoped was allergies. Nope! Since it was only three days before my knee surgery that got postponed until June 29th. I wasn't a happy camper! I too am on an antibiotic,steroid pack and have tylenol/coedine for my cough. Tomorrow I get a new type of sinus rinse. Hopefully, we'll be completely cured soon.
Post a Comment